Corporation and Partnership Licensing - Australian Capital Territory


You will need this licence if you intend to operate a corporation or partnership that provides or advertises licensable construction services in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT). Licensable construction services include:

  • builders
  • building surveyors
  • drainers
  • electricians
  • gasfitters
  • plumbers
  • plumbing plan certifiers
  • works assessors.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this licence you must:

  • appoint a nominee
  • provide evidence of your partnership / corporation and that your nominee.
The nominees must:
  • hold an ACT construction licence
  • be able to supervise construction services provided by the partnership / corporation
  • provide evidence that they agree to be the nominee.


As specified by the Agency.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Fees are listed on the attached document.

Act(s) name

Construction Occupations (Licensing) Act 2004 Australian Capital Territory

Regulation(s) name

Construction Occupations (Licensing) Regulation 2004 Australian Capital Territory

Approval time

At least 4 weeks.

Administering agency

Chief Minister, Treasury and Economic Development Directorate

Access Canberra

Land, Planning and Building

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.