To be eligible for this licence you must:
- Not be suspended from holding a construction occupation licence in any class;
- Show evidence of suitable qualifications (such as successful completion of an owner builder course), experience and knowledge of the legislative and technical requirements to build;
- Own the land where the work has been approved and is to be conducted;
- Not have been granted an owner-builders licence in relation to other land in the previous 5 years before applying for the owner-builders licence;
- Have gained building approval;
- Submit an application form;
- Pay the required fee; and
- Not hold a construction occupation licence, in any class, which is currently suspended.
For information on the qualifications required for an owner builder licence, please refer to the Construction Occupations (Licensing) (Mandatory Qualifications) Declaration. If you hold a current equivalent licence in another Australian State or Territory, you may be eligible to apply for this registration under mutual recognition arrangements.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.