Dangerous Goods Vehicle Licence - Australian Capital Territory


You will need this licence if you intend to use a vehicle to transport dangerous goods. A vehicle must be licensed if:

  • one or more of the receptacles carrying dangerous goods has a capacity of more than 500 litres or 500 kilograms
  • the capacity of all intermediate bulk containers (IBCs) is more than 3000 litres
  • any IBC is filled or emptied while on the vehicle.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.


If you hold a valid Dangerous Goods Vehicle Licence issued from another State or Territory you will not require this licence.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this licence you must also provide with your application the registration number, make and type of the road vehicle and supply information on the type of dangerous goods intended to be transported.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


5 years


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Amount Description
Apply Application All $230.00 -
Apply Application All $60.00

Each additional vehicle

General Miscellaneous All $48.00

Replacement of Licence


Act(s) name

Dangerous Goods (Road Transport) Act 2009 Australian Capital Territory

Regulation(s) name

Dangerous Goods (Road Transport) Regulation 2010 Australian Capital Territory

Administering agency

Chief Minister, Treasury and Economic Development Directorate

Access Canberra

WorkSafe ACT

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.