You may be required to comply with this standard if you operate a business that is classed as a specialist disability service.
A specialist disability service is any of the following:
- Services that provide accommodation support to enable disadvantaged persons to remain in their existing accommodation or to move to more suitable accommodation (for example: residential care services, centre based care services, respite care, or tenancy assistance)
- Services that provide assistance to enable disadvantaged persons to participate in school or educational programs
- Behaviour support services
- Early intervention support services
- Personal care services
- Transport services (for example: special needs transport, travel training, transport assistance, and transport arrangements for the disadvantaged)
- Learning and life skills services
- Case management services
- Social support services
- Information and advocacy services
- Brokerage services aimed at purchasing the appropriate supports for individuals
- Community access programs.
Matters covered by the standard include quality of services and protection of personal information.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance (if any) that may be required.