An employment agent licence can be held by an individual or a corporation.
An individual may hold the licence in their own right and trade under their own name, or under a registered business name. Partners of a partnership may hold an employment agent licence if The Agency is satisfied that each person in the partnership is eligible and not disqualified.
To be eligible for a company licence you must ensure:
- at least one director of the company already holds an individual's licence of the same type prior to the lodging of your application
- no director of the corporation is disqualified from obtaining the licence
- your company can meet and maintain the standards and expectations of current legislation regarding the application of this licence
- your company has published a notice of the intention to apply for the licence in a daily Australian Capital Territory newspaper prior to applying for the licence
- the prescribed fee is paid.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.