You will need this authorisation if you intend to undertake certain activities that pose a risk to the environmental (due to the nature of the activity and / or the scale of operation). There are three situations where an environmental authorisation is needed, which are categorised as class A, B or other activities depending on the level of environmental risk.
Environmental authorisations establish tailored conditions for each of these activities. These activities include:
- waste collection, disposal, treatment and transport
- logging and forestry operations
- concerts and associated venue management
- abattoir operation
- milking facilities
- certain manufacturing and processing activities
- commercial aquaculture or mariculture
- crematoria operation
- motor racing
- poultry and livestock farms
- open air burning
- storage, sale, use and servicing of certain products, chemicals or substances
- extraction activities
- major land development.