You must comply with this code of practice if you intend supply a fitness service and are not the employee of a fitness centre.
Fitness services include:
- pre-exercise evaluations
- individual fitness programs and fitness assessments
- supervised fitness programs
- group fitness programs
- providing fitness equipment at a fitness centre.
The purpose of this code is to ensure that appropriate standards of trading are maintained within the fitness industry to:
- promote consumer confidence
- to support and promote the industry
- to ensure the ethical and professional provision of services to consumers
- to encourage the community to participate in regular physical fitness activities.
This code does not apply to registered medical practitioners, physiotherapists or competitive sports clubs.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance that may be required.