You must comply with this code of practice if you intend supply a fitness service and are not the employee of a fitness centre.
Fitness services include:
- pre-exercise evaluations
- individual fitness programs and fitness assessments
- supervised fitness programs
- group fitness programs
- providing fitness equipment at a fitness centre.
The purpose of this code is to ensure that appropriate standards of trading are maintained within the fitness industry to:
- promote consumer confidence
- to support and promote the industry
- to ensure the ethical and professional provision of services to consumers
- to encourage the community to participate in regular physical fitness activities.
This code does not apply to registered medical practitioners, physiotherapists or competitive sports clubs.