Hawker's Permit - Australian Capital Territory


You will need this permit if you intend to sell the following on public land:

  • goods from a vehicle, like a van, truck or trailer
  • goods carried on your person
  • goods while you’re busking.

You must hold this permit if trading in a location for longer than 30 minutes.

Please note that other permits may apply if you intend to sell food or alcohol.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

You must have public liability insurance of a minimum of $20,000,000 (twenty million dollars) with 'ACT Government' noted as an interested party that specifically covers the area you want to use.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

No fees apply.


Act(s) name

Public Unleased Land Act 2013 Australian Capital Territory

Administering agency

Transport Canberra and City Services Directorate

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.