Hemp Grower Licence - Australian Capital Territory


You will need this licence if you intend to:

  • possess or produce industrial hemp plants and seed
  • export industrial hemp seed to someone in a foreign country
  • supply industrial hemp seeds to researchers, other growers or people authorised to possess hemp seeds
  • possess or produce hemp seeds for use under the supervision of a researcher as part of a field trial conducted on land which you own.

Please use the contact details below to find out more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this licence you must:

  • be of good repute
  • ensure your close associates are of good repute
  • not be bankrupt or personally insolvent
  • have not been convicted or found guilty of an offence involving drugs in the past 5 years.

If you are applying as a corporation, you must ensure that all executive officers of the firm meet the above requirements.

Please consult with the Contact Officer for information on any eligibility requirements.


Up to three years


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please consult the Contact Officer for information on fees to be submitted.


Act(s) name

Hemp Fibre Industry Facilitation Act 2004 Australian Capital Territory

Lodgement process


Please lodge your application directly with the Agency.

Administering agency

Environment, Planning and Sustainable Development Directorate

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.