To be eligible for incorporation, your association or group must:
- have at least 5 members
- be formed or carried on for a lawful purpose
- not be ineligible for incorporation.
An association is ineligible for incorporation under this subsection if it:
- is intending to obtain or trade financial gain for its members
- has capital that is divided into shares or stock held by its members
- holds property in which its members have a transferable interest
- is eligible for registration as an organisation under federal law.
The association or group may, by resolution, authorise a person who is at least 18 years of age and who resides in the Australian Capital Territory to apply for the incorporation of the association or proposed association.