To be eligible for incorporation, your association or group must:
- Have at least 5 members;
- Be formed or carried on for a lawful purpose; and
- Not be ineligible for incorporation.
An association is ineligible for incorporation under this subsection if it:
- Is intending to obtain or trade pecuniary gain for its members;
- Has capital that is divided into shares or stock held by its members;
- Holds property in which its members have a transferable interest; or
- Is eligible for registration as an organisation under federal law.
The association or group may, by resolution, authorise a person who is at least 18 years of age and who resides in the Australian Capital Territory to apply for the incorporation of the association or proposed association. Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.