You will need this licence if you intend to carry a security sensitive substance, which is a controlled dangerous substance, by road or rail, or engage a third party to do so. Security sensitive substances include:
- a substance that has a UN number
- an ammonium nitrate emulsion or mixture, containing greater than 45% ammonium nitrate
- a substance with UN number 3139, if the substance is a form of ammonium nitrate. It does not include any ammonium nitrate solution or any form of ammonium nitrate that is an explosive.
As the holder of this licence, you will be in control of:
- any handling of the substance
- the premises where the substance is stored for carrying
- any associated plant or system
- any associated activity.