You will need this licence if you intend to operate a totalisator in the Australian Capital Territory. This licence is for betting in relation to the following types of events happening in or outside the ACT:
- a racing event (for example: horse or harness racing)
- a computer simulated racing event (for example: horse or harness racing)
- a sports bookmaking event (for example: Australian Rules Football, American Rules Football, basketball, cricket, or golf).
A totalisator is a device used to enable people to bet money on events or contingencies with a view to successfully predicting stated outcomes of the events or continues and to enable money left after the deduction of commission to be divided and distributed among the people who successfully predict the outcomes.
Please note that:
- there can only be one licensed totalisator operation in the ACT at any one time
- all totalisator systems and equipment (and modifications to them) must also be approved.
Please use the contact details below to find out more information.