Licence to Provide a Caring Service for Intoxicated People - Australian Capital Territory


You will need this licence if you intend to provide a caring service to intoxicated people. A caring service means a service that provides immediate, short-term care for intoxicated people, but does not include a service provided at a hospital or other medical facility.

Intoxicated people are people who:

  • behave in a disorderly way
  • behave in a way that is that is likely to cause injury to themselves or others
  • have problems related to alcohol or other drugs.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this licence you must:

  • provide particulars of any experience you have in dealing with intoxicated people or people with problems related to alcohol or other drugs
  • have never been bankrupt or personally insolvent
  • hold a current first aid certificate.

A licensee must ensure that every person employed by the licensee at a licensed place, including any volunteer, holds a current first-aid certificate

If you are applying on behalf of a corporation then you must also provide a written statement signed on behalf of the corporation which states that:

  • neither a liquidator nor receiver has been appointed in relation to the corporation
  • the corporation is solvent and can meet its debts.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please contact the agency for more information.


Administering agency

Health Directorate

Health Protection Service

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.