You will require this licence if you intend to supply a security sensitive substance which is a controlled dangerous substance. Security sensitive substances include:
- a substance that has a UN number
- an ammonium nitrate emulsion or mixture, containing greater than 45% ammonium nitrate
- a substance with UN number 3139, if the substance is a form of ammonium nitrate. It does not include any ammonium nitrate solution or any form of ammonium nitrate that is an explosive.
The following purposes could constitute a legitimate need for this authorisation:
- academic, scientific or industrial research
- building construction or building demolition work
- commercial production processes
- forestry operations
- manufacturing, smelting or refining
- mining, quarrying or road works
- tertiary education (in science and engineering)
- transportation, distribution and storage connected with any of the above.
As the holder of this licence, you will be in control of:
- any handling of the substance
- the premises where the substance is supplied
- any associated plant or system
- any associated activity.
You cannot supply a security substances to an unauthorised person. You must also witness the certified copy of the licence and identification papers of the authorised person before supply.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.