You will require this licence if you intend to use a security sensitive substance which is a controlled dangerous substance. Security sensitive substances include:
- a substance that has a UN number
- an ammonium nitrate emulsion or mixture, containing greater than 45% ammonium nitrate
- a substance with UN number 3139, if the substance is a form of ammonium nitrate. It does not include any ammonium nitrate solution or any form of ammonium nitrate that is an explosive.
The following purposes could constitute a legitimate need for this authorisation:
- academic, scientific or industrial research
- building construction or building demolition work
- commercial production processes
- forestry operations
- manufacturing, smelting or refining
- mining, quarrying or road works
- tertiary education (in science and engineering)
- transportation, distribution and storage connected with any of the above.
As the holder of this licence, you will be in control of:
- any handling of the substance
- the premises where the substance is used
- any associated plant or system
- any associated activity.
You must ensure that the substance is used only for the purpose stated in the licence, and that no-one other than a security cleared, responsible person named in the licence has unsupervised access to it.
Please use the contact details below to find out more information.