You will need this licence if you intend to use a security sensitive substance which is a controlled dangerous substance. Security sensitive substances include:
- a substance that has a UN number
- an ammonium nitrate emulsion or mixture, containing greater than 45% ammonium nitrate
- a substance with UN number 3139, if the substance is a form of ammonium nitrate. It does not include any ammonium nitrate solution or any form of ammonium nitrate that is an explosive.
As the holder of this licence, you will be in control of:
- any handling of the substance
- the premises where the substance is used
- any associated plant or system
- any associated activity.
You must ensure that the substance is used only for the purpose stated in the licence, and that no-one other than a security cleared, responsible person named in the licence has unsupervised access to it.
Please use the contact details below to find out more information.