You will be required to comply with the requirements listed in this code of conduct if you intend to sell medicines in wholesale amounts. This code of conduct outlines general guidelines for the sale of:
- prescription medicines
- over the counter medicines
- pharmacy only medicines (behind the counter medicines).
As well as complying with the requirements listed within this code, medicine wholesalers must not:
- supply sample packs of a controlled medicine
- supply medicines to someone that does not have authority to possess the medicine
- store medicines outside of the recommended storage temperature range.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance (if any) that may be required.