You will be required to comply with these service standards if you intend to operate a bus service in the Australian Capital Territory. The standards outline minimum service standards for a range of operational matters, including:
- the location of bus depots
- parking, cleaning, servicing, maintenance and repair of buses
- making and management of records
- the operation of the service
- driver licensing and authority
- bus driver training
- driving hours and rest periods for bus drivers
- monitoring of the safety of bus drivers
- how contraventions of road transport legislation by bus drivers will be handled
- customer inquiries and complaints
- handling of lost property
- making information available to the public
- management of incidents involving death or injury
- insurance requirements.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance that may be required.