You will need to comply with these service standards if you intend to operate a demand responsive public transport service (DRS) in the Australian Capital Territory. The standards outline minimum service standards for a range of operational matters, including:
- parking, cleaning, servicing, maintenance and repair of DRS
- making and management of records
- the operation of the service and the booking of the service
- driver licensing and authority
- driving hours and rest periods for bus drivers if the DRS is a bus
- monitoring of the safety of DRS drivers
- how contraventions of road transport legislation by DRS drivers will be handled
- customer inquiries and complaints
- handling and disposal of lost property
- making information available to the public
- training of people to manage incidents involving death or injury
- insurance requirements.
A demand responsive service is a service that is provided when there is excess demand for public passenger transport.