You will need to comply with these service standards if you intend to operate a demand responsive public transport service (DRS) in the Australian Capital Territory. The standards outline minimum service standards for a range of operational matters, including:
- parking, cleaning, servicing, maintenance and repair of DRS
- making and management of records
- the operation of the service and the booking of the service
- driver licensing and authority
- driving hours and rest periods for bus drivers if the DRS is a bus
- monitoring of the safety of DRS drivers
- how contraventions of road transport legislation by DRS drivers will be handled
- customer inquiries and complaints
- handling and disposal of lost property
- making information available to the public
- training of people to manage incidents involving death or injury
- insurance requirements.
A demand responsive service is a service that is provided when there is excess demand for public passenger transport.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance that may be required.