You will be required to comply with these service standards if you intend to operate a hire car service in the Australian Capital Territory. The standards outline minimum service standards for a range of operational matters, including:
- servicing, maintenance and repair of the hire car
- advertising and publishing
- making and management of records
- the operation of the service
- driver licensing and authority
- compliance with immigration requirements
- monitoring of the safety and training of hire car drivers
- ensuring drivers are aware of their responsibilities to the public
- customer inquiries and complaints
- handling of lost property
- standards for using motorbikes as hire cars
- insurance requirements.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance that may be required.