You will be required to comply with these service standards if you intend to operate a hire car service in the Australian Capital Territory. The standards outline minimum service standards for a range of operational matters, including:
- Servicing, maintenance and repair of the hire car
- Advertising and publishing
- Making and management of records
- The operation of the service
- Driver licensing and authority
- Compliance with immigration requirements
- Monitoring of the safety and training of hire car drivers
- Ensuring drivers are aware of their responsibilities to the public
- Customer inquiries and complaints
- Handling of lost property
- Standards for using motorbikes as hire cars
- Insurance requirements.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance that may be required.