You will be required to comply with these service standards if you intend to operate an independent taxi service in the Australian Capital Territory. The standards outline minimum service standards for a range of operational matters, including:
- Servicing, inspection, maintenance and repair of taxis;
- Making and management of records;
- Operation of an independent taxi service;
- Driver licensing and authority;
- Monitoring of safety and training of taxi drivers;
- How contraventions of road transport legislation by taxi drivers will be handled;
- Insurance requirements;
- The processing of ACT Tax Subsidy Scheme and Lift Fee Only vouchers and payments;
- Customer inquiries and complaints; and
- Handling of lost property.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance that may be required.