You will need to comply with these service standards if you intend to operate an independent taxi service in the Australian Capital Territory. The standards outline minimum service standards for a range of operational matters, including:
- servicing, inspection, maintenance and repair of taxis
- making and management of records
- operation of an independent taxi service
- driver licensing and authority
- monitoring of safety and training of taxi drivers
- how contraventions of road transport legislation by taxi drivers will be handled
- insurance requirements
- the processing of ACT Tax Subsidy Scheme and Lift Fee Only vouchers and payments
- customer inquiries and complaints
- handling of lost property.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance that may be required.