You will be required to comply with these service standards if you intend to operate a taxi service in the Australian Capital Territory. The standards outline minimum service standards for a range of operational matters, including:
- Cleaning, servicing, inspection, maintenance and repair of taxis
- Making and management of records
- Operation of a taxi service
- Driver licensing and authority
- Standards for the operation of wheelchair accessible taxis
- Monitoring of safety and training of taxi drivers
- How contraventions of road transport legislation by taxi drivers will be handled
- Insurance requirements.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance that may be required.