Owner Builder Licence - Australian Capital Territory


You will need this licence if you are an individual and intend to build or renovate on land you own. This includes the construction of ancillary structures such as pergolas, carports and decks.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible, applicants must:

  • complete an owner–builder course (within the last five years)
  • hold an active class A, B or C builder licence in the ACT


Up to 3 years


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Fees will change depending on your circumstances. Please contact the agency for more information.


Other resources

Act(s) name

Construction Occupations (Licensing) Act 2004 Australian Capital Territory

Regulation(s) name

Construction Occupations (Licensing) Regulation 2004 Australian Capital Territory

Approval time

As specified

Administering agency

Environment, Planning and Sustainable Development Directorate


Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.