You may need this registration if you are responsible for the management or control of an item of plant at a workplace.
The following items of plant require registration:
- boilers with a hazard level of A, B or C
- pressure vessels with a hazard of A, B or C (exclusions apply)
- tower cranes (including self-erecting tower cranes)
- lifts, including escalators and moving walkways
- building maintenance units
- specific types of amusement devices
- concrete placement units with delivery booms
- mobile cranes with rated capacity of greater than 10 tonnes.
The purpose of registering an item of plant is to ensure that it is inspected by a competent person and is safe to operate.