You must apply for this permit to if you intend to undertake an activity on public unleased land. Public unleased land is unleased territory land:
- That the public is entitled to use; or
- Is open to, or used by, the public.
You will require a permit if you intend to undertake an activity that excludes some, or all, members of the public from using the land. This permit authorises you to use stated public unleased land at a specified time for a specified activity.
You will require this permit for:
- Placing tables and chairs on the footpath outside a cafe for outdoor dining;
- Placing a construction skip on a footpath;
- Placing a charity collection bin on a footpath;
- Holding markets on unleased land;
- Holding a wedding in a park;
- Holding a concert in a park; and
- Parking a car in a park.
You will also require this permit if you intend to carry on a business as a hawker. A hawker is someone who operates an itinerant business selling goods or services in a public place. Please be aware that your permit may be subject to conditions (for example, a financial assurance condition may be imposed if the activity will cause serious of material damage to the land).
Please use the contact details below to find out more information.