To be eligible for this registration, you must:
- be 18 or older
- hold the required qualifications
- not have been disqualified from registration.
A person is disqualified from holding a registration if they:
- have been convicted, in the ACT or elsewhere, of an offence involving dishonesty
- have been bankrupt at any time within the last three years
- have a mental incapacity that may affect the exercise of the person's functions
- are registered and have contravened an order of the ACAT
- hold a suspended registration
- are disqualified under a corresponding law to be an agent or an employee of an agent that is suspended
- are a registered salesperson who is applying for another kind of registration and have contravened a condition of said registration.
If you hold a licence in another State or Territory and intend to conduct work in the Australian Capital Territory your licensing status will be recognised under the mutual recognition system.