You need to be registered to practise as an occupational therapist in Australia. The title of occupational therapist is protected and you must be registered to use it.
You will need this registration if any of the following apply:
- you have direct clinical contact with patients
- your work impacts on safe, effective delivery of health services
- your work or insurer requires you to be registered
- you intend to use a protected title that is reserved for health practitioners
- you want to be eligible for Medicare and / or Pharmaceutical Benefit payments.
The types of activities considered a part of occupational therapy may be updated or changed from time to time.
There are five different types of registration offered to practitioners:
Please use the contact details below to find out more information.