You will need this registration if you intend to operate as a veterinary practitioner and perform restricted acts of veterinary science in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT). Roles of a veterinary practitioner include:
- attending to the health of animals
- giving advice on the health and welfare of animals, public health and the safety of food derived from animals
- the study of the health and welfare of animals
- the prevention and treatment of animal diseases
- diagnosis, and medical or surgical treatment, of disease or injury in animals
- administration of an anaesthetic agent (other than a topical
- anaesthetic) to an animal
- prescribing medicines for veterinary purposes
- providing veterinary certificates.
You must also apply for mutual recognition if you are registered in another state, territory or in New Zealand. Please use the contact details below to find out more information.