You will require this registration if you intend to practise as a veterinary surgeon or specialist in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT). Practising as a veterinary surgeon involves:
- attending to the health of animals
- giving advice on the health and welfare of animals, public health and the safety of food derived from animals
- the study of the health and welfare of animals
- the prevention of animal diseases
- diagnosis, and medical or surgical treatment, of disease or injury in animals
- prescribing medicines for veterinary purposes
- providing veterinary certificates.
There are several registration types available:
- Standard registration
- Short-term registration
- Conditional registration
- Specialist area registration.
Mutual recognition arrangements are in place if you are registered in another state, territory or in New Zealand. Please use the contact details below to find out more information.