To be eligible for this registration you must:
- Hold a degree or diploma in architecture; recognised by the Agency;
- Produce sufficient evidence that you possess the required knowledge, skill and experience for the competent practice of architecture;
- Have passed the Architectural Practice Exam, or similar exam approved by the Agency;
- Be considered a fit and proper person for the purpose of this registration;
- Provide all information of your relevant qualifications and experience as required by the Agency; and
- Pay any required fees.
The Architectural Practice Exam helps to determine whether you have the necessary practical experience to become registered as an architect in the Australian Capital Territory. Eligibility for the exam includes holding a recognised qualification and a minimum of two years' practical experience of which a minimum of one year is practical experience in Australia.
If you hold a current equivalent registration in New Zealand or an Australian State or Territory, you may be eligible to apply for this registration under mutual recognition arrangements.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.