You will require this licence if you intend to employ or contract licensed security personnel to undertake security activities in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT). Security activities include:
- patrolling, guarding, watching or protecting property
- acting as a crowd controller
- acting as a bodyguard
- providing advice about security equipment
- selling security equipment
- installing, maintaining, monitoring, repairing or servicing security equipment
- acting as a security consultant
- carrying out surveys and inspections of security equipment.
Please be aware that this licence only allows you to employ people for the purpose of providing a security service, if you intend to personally engage in such a service you will require your own additional Security Industry Employee Licence. Additionally, if you intend to allow your employees to offer security services involving firearms you must comply with all relevant firearms requirements.
If you are licensed in another State or Territory, you will still be required to complete all the application forms and your interstate licence status will be checked with the issuing authority. Until you are granted an ACT licence you are unable to undertake security activities using your interstate licence.
Please use the contact details below to find out more information.