You will need this licence if you intend to employ or contract licensed security personnel to undertake security activities. Security activities include:
- patrolling, guarding, watching or protecting property
- acting as a crowd controller
- acting as a bodyguard
- providing advice about security equipment
- selling security equipment
- installing, maintaining, monitoring, repairing or servicing security equipment
- acting as a security consultant
- carrying out surveys and inspections of security equipment.
Please be aware that this licence only allows you to employ people for the purpose of providing a security service, if you intend to personally engage in such a service you will need your own additional Security Industry Employee Licence. Additionally, if you intend to allow your employees to offer security services involving firearms you must comply with all relevant firearms requirements.