You may need this licence if you intend to work in the security industry in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) but you are currently ineligible for an employee licence. This may be for reasons such as not having obtained the needed qualifications or being under the age of 18. Temporary licences are issued to trainees who work under the direct supervision of a licensee. Licences are issued to cover the following security activities:
- patrolling, guarding, watching or protecting property (including cash in transit)
- acting as a crowd controller
- acting as a bodyguard
- providing advice about security equipment
- selling security equipment
- installing, maintaining, monitoring, repairing or servicing security equipment
- acting as a security consultant
- carrying out surveys and inspections of security equipment.
Although a licence may allow the use of firearms for a security related purpose, you must also comply with all relevant firearms licence requirements.