You will require this licence if you are from a state other than the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) and intend to provide, and / or employ people to provide, security activities at a special event in the ACT. A special event is an event approved by the Agency, occurs for a specific period of time and may have social, cultural, sporting, political or economic importance.
If you intend to provide security activities at a special event you will require a Employee Temporary Visitor Licence. If you intend to employ people to provide security activities you will require a Masters Temporary Visitor Licence.
Please be aware that the purpose of this licence is to allow for security providers from other states to operate in the ACT for a special event which, due to its size or the skills required, the ACT security industry is unable to manage. If you intend to apply for a Masters Temporary Security Licence you must be able to demonstrate why the ACT security industry is unable to provide adequate security for the event.
Security activities include:
- patrolling, guarding, watching or protecting property (including cash in transit)
- acting as a crowd controller
- acting as a bodyguard
- providing advice about security equipment
- selling security equipment
- installing, maintaining, monitoring, repairing or servicing security equipment
- acting as a security consultant
- carrying out surveys and inspections of security equipment.
Although a licence may allow the use of firearms for a security related purpose, you must also comply with all relevant firearms licence requirements.
Please use the contact details below to find out more information.