You will require this licence if you are from a state other than the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) and intend to provide, and / or employ people to provide, security activities at a special event in the ACT.
If you intend to provide security activities at a special event you will require a Employee Temporary Visitor Licence.
If you intend to employ people to provide security activities you will require a Masters Temporary Visitor Licence.
Please be aware that the purpose of this licence is to allow for security providers from other states to operate in the ACT for a special event which, due to its size or the skills required, the ACT security industry is unable to manage. If you intend to apply for a Masters Temporary Security Licence you must be able to demonstrate why the ACT security industry is unable to provide adequate security for the event.
A special event is approved by the Agency, occurs for a specific period of time and may be of importance for the following reasons:
- Political; or
Security activities include:
- Patrolling, guarding, watching or protecting property (including cash in transit);
- Acting as a crowd controller;
- Acting as a bodyguard;
- Providing advice about security equipment;
- Selling security equipment;
- Installing, maintaining, monitoring, repairing or servicing security equipment;
- Acting as a security consultant; and
- Carrying out surveys and inspections of security equipment.
Although a licence may allow the use of firearms for a security related purpose, you must also comply with all relevant firearms licence requirements.
Please use the contact details below to find out more information.