You will be required to comply with these security standards if you are an accredited taxi network provider, accredited taxi service operator, supplier or installer of taxi security cameras, taxi driver or a taxi booking service. The standards outline minimum standards for security cameras in taxis, including:
- camera system specifications
- installation and positioning
- camera notices stating passengers may be under video surveillance
- the download of images or footage
- privacy protocols
- storage and destruction of images or footage
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance that may be required.