Trapping Permit - Australian Capital Territory


You will need this permit if you intend to set traps to capture non-native animals in any area other than your own premises. This permit does not allow you to use a steel-jaw trap or any other prohibited traps. Depending on your personal circumstances, you may need a commercial trapping permit or a private trapping permit.

Please use the contact details below to find out more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult with the Contact Officer for information on any eligibility requirements.


3 years from date of issue.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Amount Description
Apply Application All $147.10

Fee per permit.


Act(s) name

Animal Welfare Act 1992 Australian Capital Territory

Regulation(s) name

Animal Welfare Regulation 2001 Australian Capital Territory

Administering agency

Transport Canberra and City Services Directorate

Parks and Territory Services Division

City Services

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.