You may need to comply with one or more of these codes if you intend to operate or maintain a regulated utility service in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT). A regulated utility may connect residents, businesses and other utilities with services including:
- sewerage disposal
- other services that do not fall directly within the above services.
Technical codes may relate to practices, standards or other matters associated with operating and maintaining utility networks, including:
- quality of services
- health and safety requirements
- construction and maintenance standards
- who may conduct work on the network
- requirements of utility meters.
Please be aware that these codes are updated on a regular basis.