You may be required to comply with one, or more, of the utilities technical codes if you intend to operate or maintain a regulated utility service in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT). A regulated utility may connect residents, businesses and other utilities with services including:
- Sewerage disposal;
- Dams; or
- Prescribed regulated utility services that do not fall directly within the above services.
Technical codes may relate to practices, standards or other matters associated with operating and maintaining utility networks, including:
- Quality of services;
- Health and safety requirements;
- Construction and maintenance standards;
- Who may conduct work on the network; and
- Requirements of utility meters.
Please be aware that these codes are updated on a regular basis. The Agency advises that you contact them in the first instance to ascertain the level of compliance (if any) that may be required.