You may need to comply with this code if you intend to operate a business and you:
- employ workers to undertake work for you, or if you direct or influence work carried out by employees
- expect staff to do tasks which may put them at risk
- manage or control the workplace or fixtures, fittings or plant at the workplace
- design, manufacture, import or supply plant, substances or structures for use at a workplace
- install or construct structures at a workplace.
It is an employer's responsibility to ensure that reasonable measures have been undertaken to ensure all employees are safe from risk or harm.