You may be required to comply with this code if you intend to operate a business that is involved in managing electrical risks in the workplace. The code applies to workplaces where a person:
- Has management or control of electrical equipment, including electrical installations; or
- Carries out electrical work on or near energised electrical equipment, including electrical installations.
The code does not apply to:
- Extra-low voltage (does not exceed 50 volts a.c or 120 volts ripple free d.c) equipment and installations;
- High voltage equipment after switching, isolation, short circuiting and earthing;
- The manufacture of electrical equipment;
- Automotive electrical work;
- Non-electrical work carried out on telephone, communication and data systems;
- Work carried out by, or on behalf of, the electricity supply authority on equipment that is used for electricity generation, transmission or supply;
- Repair of consumer electrical equipment that is unplugged.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance (if any) that may be required.