You may need to comply with this code if you intend to operate a business where you need to consult with workers about work health and safety matters.
The code provides guidance on how to consult, co-operate and co-ordinate activities with other duty holders who share responsibility for the same work health and safety matters. It will apply to your business activities if you:
- employ workers to undertake work for you, or if you direct or influence work carried out by employees
- expect staff to do tasks which may put them at risk
- manage or control the workplace or fixtures, fittings or plant at the workplace
- design, manufacture, import or supply plant, substances or structures for use at a workplace
- install or construct structures at a workplace.
For the purpose of compliance with this code, you must consult with your employees, contractors, on-hire workers, volunteers, and any other people who are working for you.