You may apply for this accreditation if you operate a residential care service. Residential care is considered to include personal or nursing care of a person who resides in a residential facility that provides:
- appropriate accommodation
- appropriate staffing to meet the need of the care recipients
- meals and cleaning services
- appropriate equipment, furniture and furnishings
- meets all requirements covered in the Residential Care Subsidy Principles.
Residential Care does not include care that is:
- provided to a recipient inside their own private home or dwelling
- provided to a recipient inside a hospital or a psychiatric facility
- provided in a facility that does not primarily provide care for the frail or elderly
- not deemed residential under the Residential Care Subsidy Principles.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.