You may require this accreditation if your business handles or makes arrangements for the transport of air cargo.
Businesses that may require accreditation include:
- cargo agents
- domestic transport companies
- truck drivers or couriers within the transport industry.
The Accredited Air Cargo Agent Scheme regulates businesses with operations that are less complex than those involved in the Regulated Air Cargo Agent Scheme. As an accredited operator you will be responsible for:
- implementing approved security programs based on thorough risk assessments of your operations
- security checking, and protecting the security of all cargo until it leaves your possession
- providing employees with skills-based security training.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.