If you intend to offer aged care services, you will be required to comply with these principles.
These principles set out the minimum standards of operation and outline specific methodology for providing aged care to care recipients in a manner that is compliant with all legal obligations.
These principles deal with issues such as:
- requirements for providing for the safety and health of individuals under your care
- rules regarding the location of aged care services and how to apply for an allocation of a place
- how care recipients are approved to receive residential, home or flexible care
- details of the aged care application process
- details of the level of care that must be provided to each care recipient and related subsidies
- what service levels you will have to meet to attain extra service status
- how to receive a grant from the Agency for providing aged care
- details of the services involved in aged care and how to receive accreditation and certification
- details of your responsibility to uphold a care recipient's rights
- record keeping requirements.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance that may be required.