You will be required to apply for this authorisation if you intend to carry out manual welding on, or relating to, an aircraft.
The types of manual welding approved are as follows:
- Gas welding (Type 1)
- Braze welding (Type 2)
- Manual metal arc welding (Type 3)
- Gas tungsten arc welding (Type 4)
- Gas metal arc welding (Type 5)
- Plasma arc welding (Type 6).
The parent metal groups approved are:
- Aluminium alloys (Group 1)
- Magnesium alloys (Group 2)
- Carbon steel and low alloy steels (Group 3)
- Corrosion and heat resisting steels (Group 4)
- Nickel alloys (Group 5)
- Copper-based alloys (Group 6)
- Titanium alloys (Group 7).
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.