You will be required to apply for this authorisation if you intend to carry out manual welding on, or relating to, an aircraft.
The types of manual welding approved are:
- Gas welding (Type 1)
- Braze welding (Type 2)
- Manual metal arc welding (Type 3)
- Gas tungsten arc welding (Type 4)
- Gas metal arc welding (Type 5)
- Plasma arc welding (Type 6).
The parent metal groups approved are:
- Aluminium alloys (Group 1)
- Magnesium alloys (Group 2)
- Carbon steel and low alloy steels (Group 3)
- Corrosion and heat resisting steels (Group 4)
- Nickel alloys (Group 5)
- Copper-based alloys (Group 6)
- Titanium alloys (Group 7).
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.