Anindilyakwa Land Council Permits - Australian Government


You will require a permit if you intend to undertake certain activities on the Aboriginal Land in Groote Eylandt on the eastern side of the Northern Territory. The following permits are available:

  • work permit
  • research permit
  • recreational permit
  • liquor permit.

Residents and visitors must have a recreational permit to go on off-lease areas. Permits are required to visit all other restricted areas on Groote Eylandt. The following areas are allowed to be visited without a recreational permit:

  • Groote Eylandt Mining Company (GEMCO) sites
  • Groote Eylandt Airport
  • Rowell Highway
  • Alyangula town.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please consult the Contact Officer for information on fees to be submitted

Act(s) name

Aboriginal Land Rights (Northern Territory) Act 1976 Australian Government

Administering agency

Anindilyakwa Land Council

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Land and Sea Rangers

Anindilyakwa Land Council

Operating address: Pole 13 Rowell Hwy
Northern Territory 0885
Mailing address: PO BOX 111
Alyangula, Northern Territory 0885
Phone: 08 8987 6703
Phone: 08 8987 6705
Fax: 08 8987 6716
Website: Anindilyakwa Land Council (Opens in new window)