To be eligible for appointment you must provide:
- The appointment application form;
- Evidence of competence in aviation medicine;
- Evidence of postgraduate qualifications in ophthalmology;
- Evidence that you are a Fellow of the Royal Australian College of Ophthalmologists;
- A copy of your resume;
- Your Aviation Reference Number (ARN);
- A certified copy of your medical practitioner registration; and
- A certified copy of your Australasian Society of Aerospace Medicine membership certificate (not required if practising outside Australia).
If you have previously been appointed as a designated aviation ophthalmologist, and the previous appointment was cancelled, you must include with the application any available evidence to show that you can now properly exercise the powers or perform the functions of the appointment sought.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements..