Some of the general requirements you will need to address in your maritime security plans before approval include:
- a security assessment for the participant's operation
- the security activities or measures you will put in place at each security level
- contact details for the participant's security officer
- provision for the use of declarations of security
- how the plan will make a contribution toward maritime security outcomes.
The plans must also set out how you will protect the plan from unauthorised access, amendment and disclosure.
As of the 30 June 2016, port service providers (operators of lighters, barges, line handling boats, pilotage services and tugs) are no longer required to have an approved maritime security plan in place.