You will be required to apply for this approval if you collect or grow plants and you intend to:
- export the plant specimen overseas for commercial purposes
- sell the plant specimen to an exporter.
In order to export for commercial purposes any Australian native plant specimens, or specimens on the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES) list, the specimens must come from an approved program such as an Approved Artificial Propagation Program.
Approval is required for:
- plant growers who grow plant specimens listed on Appendix I or II of CITES for export, or sale to an exporter
- plant growers who grow Australian native whole plants for export, or sale to an exporter
- plant growers who harvest plant parts (such as cut flowers or fruits) from specimens listed on Appendix I or II of CITES, or Australian native specimens for export, or sale to an exporter.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.