You may be required to comply with this code if you intend to apply for a refrigerant air-conditioning (RAC) industry permit. This code details the use and management of fluorocarbon refrigerants. It specifies requirements which are mandatory for compliance with the code, and also includes best practice recommendations.
RAC industry permits include all the following:
- refrigerant handling licence
- refrigerant trading authorisation
- RAC equipment manufacturing authorisation
- halon special permit
- restricted refrigerant trading authorisation.
This Code is divided into two parts:
- Part 1 - Self-contained low charge systems. This Part applies only to appliances which contain a fluorocarbon refrigerant charge of two kilograms or less, and do not require any work to be done on the refrigeration system at the time of installation
- Part 2 - Systems other than self-contained low charge systems. This Part applies to all refrigeration and air conditioning systems which use fluorocarbon refrigerants, including heat pumps and transport refrigeration and air conditioning systems.