You may need this licence if your business intends to engage in one or more of the following activities:
- providing financial product advice
- dealing in financial products
- making a market in financial products
- operating a registered scheme
- conducting crowd-funding service
- providing custodial or depository services
- providing traditional trustee company services
- providing a superannuation trustee service
- providing claims handling and settling services
- operating the business and conduct the affairs of a corporate collective investments vehicle.
Depending on your circumstances, you may be exempt from the requirement to hold a licence, or you may be allowed to provide financial services under a limited licence.