You may need this licence if your business intends to engage in one or more of the following activities:
- providing financial product advice
- dealing in financial products
- making a market in financial products
- operating a registered managed investments scheme
- conducting crowd-funding campaigns
- providing custodial or depository services
- providing claims handling and settling services for insurance products.
Depending on your circumstances, you may be exempt from the requirement to hold a licence, or you may be allowed to provide financial services under a limited licence.