You will be required to comply with the following standards if you intend to design or install a solar (photovoltaic) system. A solar (photovoltaic) system is a unit that converts energy from sunlight into electrical energy. A renewable energy certificate will only be given where a written statement is provided by the installer of the unit that the installation complies with the following standards. The standards include:
- AS / NZS 5033 Installation and safety requirements for photovoltaic (PV) arrays
- AS / NZS 1170.2 Structural Design Actions Part 2: Wind Actions
- AS / NZS 4509.1 Stand-alone Power Systems Part 1: Safety and Installation
- AS / NZS 3000:2018 Electrical Installations
- AS / NZS 1768:2007 Lightning Protection
- AS / NZS 4777.1:2016 Grid Connection of Energy Systems via Inverters - Installation Requirements
- AS 4086.2 Secondary Batteries for Use with Stand-alone Power Systems, Part 2: Installation and Maintenance.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance that may be required.