To be eligible for this authorisation, you must ensure that:
- you have undertaken a Jump Pilot Authorisation course
- you have successfully completed written and practical examinations with an APF (Australian Parachute Federation) approved examiner
- you operate in accordance with the APF Jump Pilot's Manual
- the aircraft you intend to operate has a current maintenance release
- you hold the appropriate aviation licences
- the aircraft you intend to operate is equipped with the necessary radio equipment.
To apply for this authorisation, you must first obtain a membership with the Australian Parachute Federation. To obtain membership, you must complete a M1 application form and send to Australian Parachute Federation for processing.