Central Land Council Permits - Australian Government


You will require a permit if you intend to undertake certain activities on Aboriginal land in the southern half of the Northern Territory.

The following permits are available:

  • transit
  • mining
  • entry access
  • media permit
  • special purposes such as research, environmental activities, filming and commercial projects or other work on Aboriginal land and / or with Aboriginal communities.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult directly with the Permits Officer for information regarding any eligibility requirements.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Transit and simple permits are free of charge. Applicants for complex commercial and media permits may be asked to contribute to the cost where extensive consultations and / or agreement negotiations are required. In areas where permit access entails maintenance or rehabilitation by the landowner, any appropriate fee will be advised at the time of application.

Act(s) name

Aboriginal Land Rights (Northern Territory) Act 1976 Australian Government

Regulation(s) name

Aboriginal Land Rights (Northern Territory) Regulations 2007 Australian Government

Administering agency

Central Land Council

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Supporting information